New for 2018: The INRAD W1 competition headset. Following the successful introduction of the INRAD Desk Microphone System in 2017 and its excellent reviews from both the ham community at large and the ARRL‘s QST Product Review, we introduce this new unique headset for DXing, contesting, or general use on the air.
THE INRAD W1
Ham radio never sounded so good!
Comfortable over-the-ear earpieces with large diaphragm high response speakers
Full stereo reception to allow use with dual receiver transceivers
600 ohm dynamic microphone element on adjustable long boom with the best sounding headset transmit audio in ham radio
Unique headband tilt-back feature as used on pro broadcast headsets.
Extra wide and thick rubberized foam top padding for long stretches of wearing the headset while DXing or contesting
Light: weighs only 13 ounces. Avoid the neck and head fatigue associated with modified aircraft headsets sold by other companies.
Extra long straight + coiled cable with total length of almost 7 feet. 4 ½ feet straight + 1 ½ feet coiled + 1 ft straight. Coiled section can be stretched out an additional 2 feet if desired.
Rig mic jack adapters available for 8 pin modern Icom rigs, 8 pin Yaesu / Ten-Tec, 8 pin Kenwood / Elecraft, RJ-45 Yaesu, 3 pin TRS FlexRadio 6400/6600.
The right features for long hours of radio communication use.
- Starting with comfortable over-the-ear earpieces. Your ear goes inside the cup rather than having
- padding pushing your ear backward against the head, leading to pain after hours of use. Headband fatigue is another potential problem with long-term headset use. Modified aircraft headsets sold by others for ham radio use push down on the top of the head because they are heavy and lack adequate padding at the top. We have solved this problem with two features. First, thick rubberized foam padding at the top of the headband that molds to the head when in use. Second, like broadcast headsets, the W1 has a tilt-and-click headband tilt feature. The headband can be tipped back as far as 30 degrees off vertical without moving the earpieces, in addition to standard up/down movement of the band.
- Receive and transmit audio sound terrific. Large diaphragm high response speakers provide clear, clean articulation of receive audio. Stereo connector for use with dual receive transceivers if desired. Transmit audio is from a 600 ohm dynamic microphone element that’s the correct impedance for your
- and has excellent response from 50 Hz-15 kHz. Sounds great for DXing, contesting, and general on-the-air use.
- Extra long straight and coiled cable from the headset to the radio. 7 feet total length. 4 feet of straight section, followed by 1 1/2 feet coiled for RF suppression, then 1 foot straight to the adapter for the radio mic jack. Connect the 1/8″ mono transmit audio jack on the headset to an INRAD M-series mic jack adapter and you’re ready to operate.
The right price and the right customer service.
- Headsets are not treated gently. They are a tool, and tools are made to be used. Rough handling means headsets have to be well-built to stand up to it, and that the manufacturer will stand behind them also. We offer a 1 year unconditional warranty for parts and labor. We will repair or replace your headset at our option. You only pay the shipping cost to send it to us.
- All the features you need in an
- , plus the customer service and warranty to back it are available at the excellent price of only
$179 plus shipping
- . M-series headset mic jack adapters, sold separately, are $14.95.
W1 is in stock and now shipping!
- The W1-B mic boom mic kit only and W1-E element only to be available later in October.
Volt-Ohm Meters These meters have been around for decades and remain one of most useful pieces of test equipment you can own. “Volt-Ohm Meters” is the… Read more
SNR – Signal-to-Noise Ratio From the 2018 TAPR Digital Communications Conference, we learn about a true measurement of signal to noise ratio on… Read more
FT8 is exploding! 1#popular HamRadio digital mode In this episode of the No Nonsense Amateur Radio Podcast, Tom, KB5RF, and I explore… Read more
SD100 Uniden Uniden creates another first with the SDS100 True I/Q Scanner, the first scanner to incorporate Software Defined Radio technology to prov… Read more
Powered by WPeMatico