Bouvet Island – 3Y0I
The 3YØI team has arrived to South Africa recently. We’ve been very busy with DXpedition’s preparations over past couple of weeks. Today, thanks to amazing hospitality of local ZS DXers team (ZS6P, ZS1A, ZS1AN, ZS1VDV, ZS1LS, ZS1OSM, ZS1FJ), we were invited to the Royal Cape Yacht Club for a dinner party. It was a real pleasure to catch up with local hams and to talk about DXing from Africa. We’re all very thankful for their kind invitation. It’s been a great great time together there! More to come soon.
The southern hemisphere’s summer is coming soon, so do Rebel plans start to accelerate. Announcing the 3YØI band plan – frequencies and modes we’ll use while operating from Bouvet Island.
|BAND / MODE||CW||SSB||FT8|
FT-8 Guidance for working 3YØI WSJT-X Fox / Hound
We are asking everyone to follow these guidelines for calling 3YØI on FT-8. You will get through faster by using these simple guidelines:
- To avoid confusion please use WSJT-X Version 1.9.1
- We will use DX-pedition mode for all bands except 160m
- Configure the software & radio per the WSJT-X and your radio’s installation instructions.
- Do not use 3YØI as your first FT8 on the air experience
- Your operating frequency control should be under CAT (rig) control from the program – NOT manually from your VFO. You must add to WSJT-X.
- Your WSJT-X software must be configured as a Hound.
- Call us ONLY if you are able to decode 3YØI responding to other Hounds or if you decode a CQ from 3YØI. You may initiate a calling sequence by double clicking 1 on any 3YØI response.
- 3YØI will be transmitting BELOW 1,000 Hertz. You MUST select an open calling frequency between 1,000 – 4000 Hertz.
- Once 3YØI replies to a Hound with RR73 the QSO is completed and logged.
- The Hound does not need to send 73 to complete the QSO.
Note 1: This assumes you have WSJT-X configured for Double Click on call sets Tx enable
Note 2: If you don’t complete a QSO within five minutes after being called by 3YØI that you should restart a new QSO.
California Fire Amateur Radio has been standing by on several fronts during the Woolsey Fire that swept through the westernmost portion of Los Angeles County, including Malibu, and the easternmost area of Ventura County in the ARRL Santa Ba… Read more
“Introducing the Yaesu FT-891! My new portable HF Transceiver for Ham Radio! The FT-891 is a 100w rig for HF-6m at just shy over 4 lbs. A super portable rig that makes it even easier to take a 100w HF rig to the great outdoors! Please… Read more
ContestConsole Switching Accessory Unit for ICOM radios “produced as the result of customer demand!” Gain full control of your ICOM radio with the SOTABEAMS ContestConsole. Easy to use – connects between your radio and mi… Read more
Martin Butler (M1MRB / W9ICQ) of the ICQ Amateur / Ham Radio Podcast interviews Graham Somerville of BHI Noise Cancelling Products at the Ham Radio Fr… Read more
The annual Original 13 Colonies Special Event will mark its 10th anniversary this year. The event gets under way on July 1 at 1300 UTC and runs throug… Read more
“I presented on amateur-radio-related uses for the Raspberry Pi this evening at my local club, the River City Amateur Radio Communications Socie… Read more
Powered by WPeMatico