Thank you Hayden H. – VK7HH for sharing his video, and be sure to follow him on his Youtube channel. For more information on the update:
|Changes from Version 1.13
- Added the Share Pictures function.
- Added a Set mode item to detect the microphone PTT while transmitting using other than the microphone PTT.
- Added Reflector types “DCS” and “XLX”.
Detailed information is available here.
The programming software compatible with this firmware is available here.
To update the firmware
- Thoroughly read 13. UPDATING THE FIRMWARE of the ADVANCED MANUAL and follow the instructions displayed on the IC-9700 LCD screen.
- This update initializes the transceiver’s settings. Save your current settings before updating the firmware, and then write it back to keep the previous setting on the updated firmware.
- The firmware will be updated to the following versions.
Main CPU: 1.20
Sub CPU: 1.00
Front CPU: 1.00
FPGA Program: 1.05
FPGA Data: 1.00
DV DSP: 1.04
The post Ever wonder how to update firmware on your IC-9700? appeared first on QRZ NOW – Ham Radio News.