Release: WSJT-X 2.2.0-rc2
May 25, 2020
WSJT-X 2.2.0-rc2 is a release candidate for WSJT-X 2.2.0. The
following bugs present in the -rc1 version have been fixed:
– Missing blank line between some decode sequences.
– Improper functioning of “Start new period decodes at top”.
– Font selection caused crash on some macOS systems.
– Mouse action in band selector box not right in some macOS systems.
– Incorrect recall of Tx power setting in WSPR mode.
– Many fixes to hamlib library and executables (rigctld, etc.).
– Some regional settings did not allow WSJT-X to start.
– Main window “looked like old Windows” in macOS.
– Crash when “Ref Spec” is selected and no refspec.dat available.
– Improper decoding of some FT4 messages with hashed “MyCall”.
– Crash after warning message about double-clicking in ISCAT mode.
In addition, we have made the following improvements:
– Updated some figures and text in User Guide.
– Corrected some formatting issues in the pdf version of User Guide.
– Added some new sample files.
– Improved shape and position of “green goal post” in Wide Graph.
– Significantly reduced the rate of false decodes in FT4 and FT8.
– Allow FT4 to use NA VHF Contest message formats.
– Hold Tx frequency no longer cleared when switching between modes.
– Added capability for translations of the user interface into
languages other than English. First working example (special
thanks to Xavi Perez, EA3W!), is Catalan. Spanish will be next.
– Performance improvements to decode highlighting via UDP messages.
Increasing FT8 usage on the popular bands 40, 30, and 20m means that
the default 3 kHz sub-bands are often wall-to-wall with signals.
Overcrowding encourages some to turn on their amplifiers, which only
makes things worse. We are trying to coordinate the suggested
frequencies in WSJT-X with updated band plans being considered by
IARU, ARRL, and other amateur radio societies.
On a trial basis, and in response to numerous suggestions from around
the world, we have added a second set of suggested dial frequencies
for FT8 on three HF bands and also on 6 meters. The new suggested dial
frequencies are 7.071, 10.133, 14.071, and 50.310 MHz. These
frequencies will appear in your drop-down band-selector list after you
go to the “Settings | Frequencies” tab, right-click on the frequency
table, and select “Reset”. Alternatively, you can add the new FT8
When the conventional FT8 sub-band on 6, 20, 30, or 40 m seems too
full, please try moving your dial frequency down 3 kHz! Be aware that
as currently implemented, WSJT-X will set your dial to the lowest
frequency for the selected mode and band, when you switch bands.
See the next section for a list of other program improvements since
“Here we take a look at the ADALM-PLUTO frequency expansion modification to give us 70 MHz through to 6GHz. Mine actually went as low as 46MHz!!… Read more
“This weeks show is slightly different. What if we take the Anytone AT D878 UV plus and put it in almost ideal conditions. How far can a 5 watt… Read more
An amazing 3866.47 KM on SSB between D4VHF and J69DS via #tropo on #2m #vhf band. Maybe a new mode world record? TNX @FransJr for the effort! #hamradi… Read more