FlexRadio Systems announces the immediate availability of SmartSDR v2.4.10
SmartSDR v2.4.10 is a special “interim” release. This release is intended primarily only for users who have been using SmartSDR v2.4.9. SmartSDR v2.4.10 is the SmartSDR v2.4.9 software with the SD card fix, the TLS fix for software licensing, and the updated DAX drivers. The database compatibility caveats that were applicable to SmartSDR v2.4.9 still apply to v2.4.10. If you install firmware greater than v2.4.10 on your radio and revert back to v2.4.10 or below, you will need to reset your database and refrain from importing any profiles exported using SmartSDR v2.5.x or greater. Failure to do so will result in an inconsistent database and unexpected operating behavior.
SmartSDR v2.4.10 can be downloaded from the FlexRadio Systems website. SmartSDR v2.4.10 is a maintenance release containing software fixes for version 2 of SmartSDR for Windows, SmartSDR for Maestro, SmartSDR for M models, SmartSDR CAT and DAX. Please download and review the SmartSDR v2.4.10 Release Notes prior to installing SmartSDR v2.4.10.
Release Highlights for SmartSDR v2.4.10
- Corrected Issue Preventing FLEX-6000 from being Licensed: Updated licensing to use TLS v1.2 to meet new security standards (#7727)
- Updated DAX Drivers: SmartSDR v2.6.0 includes an updated DAX driver that should not scramble the device names after Win10 updates. In addition, the DAX drivers are not candidates for the Windows default sound devices when other sound devices are available. This prevents the default sound devices from changing. (#6873, #5203)
- Corrected Issues Related to SD Card Corruption: Software improvements for increased SD Card stability during read/write operations. (J7741)
- Fixed Frequency Rounding Error in Memory Form: Fixed memory form frequency rounding error with transverter bands. (#J7790)
- Fixed SmartSDR Screen “hang” When Updating Firmware: Fixed SmartSDR for Windows application screen hangs when attempting to close while updating (#J7482)
- Corrected False Positive Client Connection Message: The client Connection message now only shown on successful client validation eliminating the false-positive connection messages that appeared to show client connects from the Internet (#J6813)
A software license for the FLEX-6000 is required to run SmartSDR v2.x.
If prompted to upgrade your SmartSDR license, obtaining and validating a license for your FLEX-6000 software defined radio is a simple process. Once the radio and client have network access to the Internet, just load any version of the SmartSDR v3.x software on your PC or Maestro. In the radio chooser, if a radio requires a license, a status message will indicate a license is required before connecting to the radio and updating the firmware. A “Buy” button is also presented so that you can conveniently purchase a SmartSDR v3.x license (which is inclusive of v2.x) using our Online Store. Please see the SmartSDR Release Notes for details regarding purchasing a SmartSDR software license for your radio.
Be sure to check out these helpful videos before getting started:
How to install SmartSDR v3: https://youtu.be/zO90kVkIYM8
For information on compatible third-party applications, visit our Works with FLEX web page (https://www.flexradio.com/works-with-flex/).
The SmartSDR v2.4.10 ChangeLog
V2.4.10 Maintenance Release 2020-06-30
#G7727 Updated licensing to use TLS v1.2 to meet new security standards
#J7482 Fixed SmartSDR for Windows hang when attempting to close while updating
#J7741 Update improvements for increased SD Card stability
#J7790 Fixed memory form frequency rounding error with transverter bands
#J6813 Connection message now only shown on successful client validation
#G6873 DAX: Fixed issue where DAX audio devices would get scrambled and not work properly after a Windows Update
#G5203 DAX: Sound devices are now prevented from being selected as default sound device
The International Amateur Radio Union (IARU) Administrative Council has appointed Martin Sach, G8KDF, as global Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Co… Read more
“This year’s ARRL Field Day adventure had me camping in the Flambeau River State Forest located in Northwestern Wisconsin and running as a… Read more
On May 30, operators at WX4NHC at the National Hurricane Center (NHC), working from home, conducted the annual readiness check of the station and of o… Read more
Assembled a prototype of Geckokapula V2 a dualband 70cm/13cm handheld FM/CW radio. It also does AM and SSB reception in addition to FM and CW. An awes… Read more