Peter Waters G3OJV, takes an In-Depth look at this new transceiver. He also gives his views on what may have been a hoax review.
The G106 is based on an SDR architecture with 16bit sampling to deliver superior performance.
It has a digital CW filter with three bandwidths to help you fight interference and get more clear reception of weak signals.
With the optional external DE-19 digital adapter, it can be connected to a PC for working digital modes including FT8.
As an entry-level portable SDR transceiver, G106 will be the perfect HF transceiver to start explore the bands with SSB, CW and exciting digital modes like FT8.
- High-performance SDR core circuit
- Compact and robust structure
- Transmission and receiving of all amateur frequency bands within 3.8~29.7MHz
- WFM broadcast receiving
- Shortwave full-range continuous receiving
- Amateur data communication available
- Computer online control available
Please read the Operator Manual carefully for a better experience and full understanding on operation of the G106.
- Receiving frequency: 0.55kHz~30MHz 88~108MHz (WFM)
- Transmitting frequency: 3.5~3.9MHz 10.1~10.15MHz 18.068~18.168MHz 24.89~24.99MHz 7.0~7.2MHz 14.0~14.35MHz 21.0~21.45MHz 28.0~29.7MHz
- Operating mode: SSB/CW/AM , WFM (receive only)
- Receiving sensitivity: CW: 0.25uV @10dB S/N SSB: 0.5uV @10dB S/N AM: 10uV @10dB S/N
- Frequency stability: ±1.5ppm within 30min after power on @25°C: 1ppm/hour
- Transmitting power: ≥5W @13.8V DC
- Transmitting spurious suppression: ≥50dB
- Audio output power: 0.3W
- Operating voltage: 9~15V DC
- Standby current: 0.37A @Max
- Transmitting current: 2.8A @Max
- Dimensions: 120x40x135 (mm)
- Weight: About 720g (only host)
Xiegu G106 In the Box :
- G106 radio unit
- 12 Volt DC power cord
- English manual
- Xiegu Service Card
- Full list of accessories to be updated later.
The new version of the well known Shared Apex Loop Array, the SAL-30 Mark II is here. The four vertical sides of the loops have been replaced by a sin… Read more
BASE STATION VERTICAL ANTENNA Xiegu VG4 antenna is a 4-band GP type and is made of aluminum alloy with anti-oxidation surface. It is light, solid, and… Read more
Comparing Messi & Paoloni Coax with “Regular” Coax. Who will win? Read more
Yaesu‘s newest HF mobile radio has some cool new features, but leaves out other options of its predecessors. Let’s take a look at the radi… Read more