Please define the landing site target location(s).
No constraints, just a good line of sight to earth for direct Earth-Moon-Earth communication.
Please define the duration of the mission in months.
Please clarify how your idea fits within the ESA exploration programme (i.e. ESA Strategy for Science at the Moon, ESA Space Resources Strategy and/or overall European Exploration Envelope Programme (E3P) planning).
- Public and Educational outreach (ESERO and STEM)
- Backup or Secondary Communications Link
- Easy access for secondary Student/University payloads not interfering with ESA infrastructure
- Radio Science by a worldwide community
Please define what services would be expected from the lander for your payload (e.g. instrument deployment, night survival, etc.). Where known, please provide brief payload description and estimate of interfaces to the lander (e.g. mass, volume, power, communications/data, etc).
- Thermal control to ensure temperature not below -10°C.
- Power down/sleep mode would be possible
- Bus Voltage: 12..48V unregulated (tbd) or regulated, switchable
- Power: ~100W
- Control Output: Normal / Sleep mode / (Power Off)
- S-Band Uplink (2.4 GHz, amateur satellite band)
- X/Ka-Band Downlink (10.5 GHz, amateur satellite band)
- Coarse alignment to the earth, Hi-Gain and Low-Gain
- VHF/UHF (145MHz/435 MHz, amateur satellite band, Omni, optional)
- Wideband low gain antenna e.g. Vivaldi for various beacon signals
Communications (lander internal)
- Data Bus (tbd) for other secondary (student and University) payloads
- Backup interface for lander TTC/TM communication for emergency or uncritical phases of the mission.
NEW! Yaesu FTM-300D, C4FM Dual Band Ham Radio, Review/Demo
Yaesu FTM-300D, C4FM Dual Band Ham Radio, Review/Demo Read more
Xiegu G90 Unboxing
G90 is a portable 20W HF amateur radio transceiver with an SDR architecture with built-in auto antenna tuner. The display unit and the radio can be se… Read more
Luna Amateur Radio Transponder: A Communications Platform on the Large European Lander to support communication and payload experiments
“We are proposing the LunART Communications Platform on the Large European Lander which will support direct communication with earth through ama… Read more
IARUMS June newsletter now available
The latest IARU-R1 Monitoring System newsletter reports on the continuing interference on various frequencies in the 7 MHz band from Russian language… Read more
DIY Weather Satellite Ground Station
Sasha M6IOR and Sophie M6NYX have made available a Guide for the reception of NOAA satellite images using software defined radio on Windows or MacOS…. Read more
IARUMS: Russian-Ukrainian radio war is remaining on a high escalation level
The new newsletter of the IARU Monitoring System (aka ‘Intruder Watch’) has just been published. The most frequently reported intruders on… Read more
National Hurricane Center’s WX4NHC Annual Station Test is Successful
On May 30, operators at WX4NHC at the National Hurricane Center (NHC), working from home, conducted the annual readiness check of the station and of o… Read more
VHF propagation video released [ RSGB ]
Steve Nichols, G0KYA – Chair of the RSGB Propagation Studies Committee – narrates this presentation about VHF propagation. The presentatio… Read more
Low cost 10Ghz EME Rx System
1 – Low cost 10Ghz EME Rx – The LNBF 2 – Modifying the LNBF 3 – Tuning the LNBF 4 – Pictures and PlotsNOTE: This… Read more
Amazing opening on 144 MHz from Cape Verde Islands to Poland
On Friday the 29th of May 2020, there was an extensive Sporadic-E opening across Europe which reached as high as 144 MHz allowing stations across the… Read more
FT8DMC 3rd Anniversary-Activity Days 2020
To commemorate our 3rd anniversary, special event stations will be on air during the FT8DMC Activity Days from 1. to 31. July 2020. All stations will… Read more
K1JT , JOE TAYLOR HINTS AT POSSIBLE NEW MODE!
In a post to the WSJT-X email group today, Joe Taylor K1JT hinted at some ongoing experimentation of a new digital mode with sub-modes. His post was a… Read more
WWSA GACW Contest Rules.
WWSA GACW I – Dates Second weekend of June of every year. From Saturday 15.00 UTC until Sunday 15.00 UTC. 24 hours period. II – Goal To co… Read more
The post Luna Amateur Radio Transponder: A Communications Platform on the Large European Lander to support communication and payload experiments appeared first on QRZ NOW – Ham Radio News.