Marcus, DL8MRE announces that release of SmartSDR for iOS v3.9.12 is now available for download or update from the Apple App Store.
SmartSDR is a full featured radio client that enables your iPad or iPhone to operate your FlexRadio device. It is fully compatible to SmartSDR v1, v2 (including SmartLink) and v3 (including MultiFlex and SmartControl).
Please note: This App requires a FlexRadio Systems® Series-6000 Software Defined Radio (SDR) Device. However, the App also contains a FlexRadio Simulator (Demo Mode) so you can try this App even without owning a FlexRadio. PLEASE NOTE: The Demo Mode audio is by far not as good as when connecting the App to a real FlexRadio. That quality is identical to SmartSDR for Windows.
FACTS AND FEATURES:
SmartSDR offers almost all features of SmartSDR for Windows such as:
- New: now supports FT8 and FT4 (iPad and iPhone Max, Firmware 3 required)
- Creation, maintenance of Slices, TNFs, Filters
- Unlimited number of Slices, Panadapters (limited only by radio model)
- CWX support including Sidetone and live send mode
- Software Paddle or Straight-Key support
- Maintain all Radio, Slice and Panadapter settings
- Support for Memories
- Profiles integration (TX, Microphone and Global)
- Audio settings supported including equalizers
- Support for TX Settings like Power including all Tuning features
- Transverter support
- SmartLink remote access
- MultiFlex support
- SmartControl support
- HomeKit support to control radio, antenna switches etc. remotely
- Siri shortcut support
For HomeKit, you can use any Power Plug or Switch that are HomeKit compatible.
In addition to SmartSDR for Windows, this App offers these features:
- Band limits and Band maps and modes will be displayed inside the Pan adapter (In-App Purchase)
- DX Cluster support which displays spots directly inside the Pan adapter (In-App Purchase)
- Graphical tuning knob for easy and exact frequency selection.
- Various additional minor bells and whistles such as easy TNF maintenance,
- direct Bandwidth selection, Split Mode, instant Memory creation and more.
- Device logging and device parameter monitoring (e.g. PA Temperature etc.)
- Logbook integration with ADIF Im- and Export (In-App Purchase)
- Support for two Bluetooth and USB Controllers (In-App Purchase)
- Voice Macro recording and playback
There are just a few limitations compared to SmartSDR for Windows which are:
- Only one Panadapter visible at the same time.
- Diversity is not implemented.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- A FlexRadio Systems® FLEX-6000 series radio
- An Apple device such as an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch which needs to run at least iOS 11
- A newer iPad (Air 2 or newer) or iPhone (7 or better) is recommended
To run this App at your home, nothing else but a regular WiFi connection is needed that can access your FLEX-6000. You can immediately start using the App. For Remote operation via SmartLink a Version 2 License is required for your Radio.
The App supports Splitscreen Multitasking on the newer iPads so you can run SmartSDR in split mode parallel to your browser, Email software or any other App. It is also optimized for the new iPad Pro models.
SUPPORTED SDR HARDWARE:
Find out more here: http://go-to.me/smartsdr
Read the Manual: http://go-to.me/smartsdr-manual
Version 3.9.12 update includes the following changes and fixes:
- Wrong FT8 CQ behavior has been fixed
- The following new MIDI Commands have been added:
- APF, VOX, Direct Slice and Band selection, Frequency Up/Down, Cancel CWX
- Log QSO Window
- TX Antenna LEDs
- Compatibility issue with older Firmware fixed
- Several additional minor and cosmetic changes
Wire log periodic HF antennas – LP 1530-W
See More :http://www.antenna.it/index.htm Read more
160-6m HF VERTICAL ANTENNA, 43ft, 1500W
Get 160-6 Meters Coverage and 1500 Watt Operation with a single antenna! This MFJ-2990 is a 43-foot self-supporting vertical antenna that cover… Read more
SteppIR UrbanBeam, “Step by Step” Assembly and Installation
SteppIR Antenna This video shows the SteppIR UrbanBeam’s step-by-step assembly and installation in the tower, several hours in minutes. The Urba… Read more
Feed Point Sealant
Description Liquid Rubber Feed Point Sealant 30ml bottle with brush-in-lid Applicator We have formulated an excellent UV resistant rubber sealant to e… Read more
QCX+ the new QRP Labs 5W transceiver kit
QCX+: a feature-packed, high performance, single-band 5W CW transceiver kit, with WSPR beacon and built-in alignment/test equipment. Available for 80,… Read more
Icom IC-7300 vs K3s Elecraft [ Video´s ]
Tested at night on 40m with QRM from BC stations. All controls set equal. Identical speakers. Antenna switched A/B. Keep in mind that I can fiddle wit… Read more
Using the MFJ-1788 Mag Loop Antenna Horizontally
“I test the MFJ-1788 in a horizontal position on my rooftop. The performance is great on 20m. I used an MFJ Cobweb antenna as the comparison ant… Read more
New Russian PA. 2000 Watts . Liquid cooling. Weighs only 14 pounds!
BURST 2000A HF power amplifier BURST-2000A 2200 W PEP output power (SSB and CW) All HF bands, including WARC bands and 6 meters Rated input pow… Read more
BUILD A COMPUTER TO CW INTERFACE
Using a well-known circuit, I show you how to build a simple computer interface so that your logging software can send CW through your radio. The logg… Read more
MK-4 Heavy Duty – 25′ Maximum Height Fiberglass Masts
The MK-4 Series of masts are, by far, our most portable masts for many reasons. The masts are light weight and short enough, when fully collapsed, to… Read more
Inrad HF Triplexer
The Inrad HF Triplexer is the perfect solution for adding more fun and points at Field Day or WRTC: Three stations may share one 10M/15M/20M tribander… Read more
New UT-133A Bluetooth Unit for Icom Mobile Radios
The current Icom UT-133 Bluetooth unit is being replaced with a new version that is compatible with not only the ID-5100E and IC-2730E Amateur Radio m… Read more
German radio hams tackling RF noise pollution
DARC reports 35 Electrical Noise Area Monitoring Systems (ENAMS) have been delivered and another 20 locations are sought as part of the effort to moni… Read more
Permission granted for 60 foot ham radio masts
Joel Banner Baird Burlington Free Press SHELBURNE – One-on-one talks with fellow amateur radio operators as far away as Moscow are now firmly on… Read more
Ham Radio in Friedrichshafen, Germany, Tentatively on for 2021
Ham Radio in Friedrichshafen, Germany, was canceled last year because of the pandemic. Organizers for Europe’s International Amateur Radio Exhibition… Read more
“I Don’t Need a Ham Radio License In An Emergency!”
“I Don’t Need a Ham Radio License In An Emergency!” Read more
Former Argentine President Carlos Menem, ex-LU1SM, SK
The former president of Argentina, Carlos Menem, ex-LU1SM, died on February 14. He was 90. Menem took office in 1989, serving for 10 years. Menem was… Read more
The post SmartSDR for iOS v3.9.12 Now Available appeared first on QRZ NOW – Ham Radio News.