In amateur radio, the “QTH” Q-code means “What is your position?” when used as a question or “My position is…” when used as a statement. The Automatic Packet Reporting System® is a common avenue that amateur radio operators communicate their positions, among other useful information.
QTH.app is an APRS® client application exclusively for the macOS platform. It connects to the APRS network via radio or Internet to help operators receive, transmit, and visualize information being shared over APRS.
- Easy map navigation
- Supports connecting via:
- Audio Modem – Use the internal Mac sound card
- Serial KISS TNC
- Special support for Mobilinkd Bluetooth TNCs
- AGWPE – exists, but buggy
- GPS Connections
- Bluetooth GPS
- Uses macOS Location Services in the absence of a GPS
- Support for drawing APRS shapes directly on the map
- Mapping APRS position reports, objects, etc
- APRS symbols
- Graphical display of speed and direction
- Tactical callsigns
- Station paths, including dead reckoning
- Telemetry graphs
- APRS timeline
- Go back in time and see where things were at a certain time
- Special weather station display, including wind barbs and temperature colors
- Location beaconing
- Instant Messaging
- Store favorite ham radio contacts in the Apple Contacts
- Integrated with macOS notification center
- Custom matching rules
- Logs packets to database
- Comprehensive help system
- Offline maps
- Other types of maps, topographical, OpenStreetMap, OpenCycleMaps, etc
- Map grids USNG/MGRS, Maidenhead
- APRS Queries
- Simple digipeater support
- Multilingual support – Supports English now. French later. Other languages as I have help.
- Spoken voice alerts
- Rig control for tuning to frequency objects
- Local data sharing with other QTH instances on LAN – Intended for operations rooms
- Search and Rescue features
- External API for integrations
WHAT IT WON’T DO
- Collect data from weather stations. Check out WeeWX for this.
Browse the Help Book Online
QTH.app follows a “freemium” pricing model. QTH.app is free to receive APRS traffic. The transmit functions require a software license. This serves a couple purposes: It allows verification that the person transmitting holds a valid amateur radio callsign and it puts a few dollars in my pocket.
If you would like to purchase a license, please visit the store: QTH.app License
Optibeam OB8-4M 8 Element 4 Band
The OB8-4M is an extremely effective, compact and innovative Yagi for the classical four bands 40, 20, 15 and 10m. It is the first trapless Yagi for t… Read more
InnovAntennas invest in Ansys
InnovAntennas have invested in Ansys HFSS 2020 R2, a fully 3-dimensional mesh-based simulation package to help in the perfection and product… Read more
Comet HFJ-350M Portable HF antenna -9 Bands
The Comet FHJ-350M, Portable 9-Band, 1/4 wave base loading telescopic antenna for HF through 6M. Frequency can be changed by means of shorting plug. C… Read more
Cushcraft A4S Yagi Beam Triband 4 ele. 10,15,20M
Cushcraft A4S A4S Four Element Beam – 10, 15 & 20 Meters A4S is the true, high performance tribander. Precisely tuned high-power traps, c… Read more
Uses of Pre-Amp, Attenuation, Notch, Noise Blanker, Noise Reduction, and IP+ ?
Robert, W4RKM, has watched many videos on the funtions and capabilities of a rig, but he wants to know the differences and applications for the variou… Read more
Cory Gibson, W3CDG and Tim Duffy, K3LR discuss the new DX Engineering Radio RF Ground Plane Kits.
DX Engineering Radio RF Ground Plane Kits provide an effective method of reducing stray RF pickup by equipment and interconnecting cables. Used under… Read more
Expert Electronics MB1 Prime 2021 SDR, Overall Review, Ham Radio SDR HF/6M/2M With Built In PC
In this video I’m taking a more detailed overview, showing some of the features it will do, and my overall opinion about what I think about it…. Read more
Xiegu G90 Unboxing
G90 is a portable 20W HF amateur radio transceiver with an SDR architecture with built-in auto antenna tuner. The display unit and the radio can be se… Read more
Elecraft KX3 Transceiver
Elecraft KX3 Transceiver Ultra-Compact Home/Portable/Mobile Station The revolutionary Elecraft KX3 puts the world in the palm of your hand! Despite it… Read more
R&S®M3SR Series4100 Software Defined Radios
Key facts Frequency range: 1.5 MHz to 30 MHz (transmission), 10 kHz to 30 MHz (reception) Power classes of 150 W, 500 W,… Read more
New RFinder B1, Advanced VHF/UHF 4 Watt DMR/Analog Ham Radio Smartphone, NO CODE PLUGS NEEDED!!
“My switch back from iPhone to RFinder happened in this video. A dual band VHF/UHF radio with a newly designed receiver for better sensitivity,… Read more
TitanSDR – 9 kHz to 32 MHz frequency coverage
TitanSDR Multichannel HF Receiver Parallel Demodulation, Recording and Analysis of up to 40 HF Emissions Applications Homeland security… Read more
QUADRUS SDR | PHASE-COHERENT MULTI-CHANNEL SDR
The QUADRUS SDR platform is complete ready to use integrated platform for advanced SDR software received implementation. It contains all the el… Read more
The post QTH.app version 0.8.0 released appeared first on QRZ NOW – Ham Radio News.