Today we get to this at this new TX500 QRP Radio from Lab599 in Russia. This is a slim and sleek looking QRP radio that is great for SOTA and backpacking.
The Discovery TX-500 is an ultra compact all-mode transceiver ideal for travelling and portable use.
It’s compact size and light weight means that you can take this radio with you to remarkable places while creating unforgettable experiences.
The strong case offers protection against moisture and dust, ensuring the use of TX-500 in extreme conditions. While a sharp monochrome display will allow you to clearly see the information in either bright sunshine or low light, thanks to a multi-mode backlight.
The transceiver parameters and functions will also make it possible to successfully use the unit at a Home Station or in a Mobile/Portable Environment.
Record-low current consumption in reception mode (up to 110 mA) will extend the battery life, providing the user with longer operating time between charges.
Because the TX-500 is a software-defined radio (SDR), you can expand its capabilities using computer applications. New features will be added with free firmware updates.
The TX-500 Discovery has an integrated high-performance spectrum analyzer, allowing you to see signals before you hear them.
- 160-6-meter ham bands
- General ‘receive’ coverage 0.5 – 56.0 MHz
- All modes: SSB, CW, DIG, AM, FM
- High-performance 32-bit floating-point DSP
- Current drain as low as 100 mA in ‘receive’ mode (backlight on, preamp off, no signal)
- External power supply DC 9-15V, 1 to 2.5A typical in transmit
- High-contrast LCD with 256*128 px
- High-performance real-time pan-adapter (48 kHz wide)
- On-line firmware updates
- Tilted feet (rear), fold up for transportation
- Ultra-Compact Size: (H*W*D): 90 mm (3.5″) * 207 mm (8.1″) * 21 mm (0.8″)
- Weight: 0.55 Kg (19.4 oz)
- Sensitivity (MDS) -136 dBm (typ. with preamp on)
- Quadrature down-sampling mixer compatible with PC-based SDR (Software Defined Radio) Applications
- Reference Oscillator Specs: Production Units Are A TCXO At 2.5 ppm
- Receiver I / Q outputs for PC soundcard
- Switchable low-noise preamp and attenuator
- 3-band receive audio equalizer
- 4 adjustable digital filters
- Automatic notch filtering
- Adjustable noise reduction and noise blanking
- Audio Output ext. speaker, 3W typ.
- Adjustable output, 1 to 10W PEP
- Rugged, SWR and temperature-protected final amplifier stage
- Carrier Suppression > 50 dB typ.
- Harmonic / Spurious Outputs > 50 dB below carrier
- CW Sidetone/Transmit offset 400-1200 Hz, adjustable
- Speaker-microphone with PTT
- 3-band microphone audio equalizer
- 2 adjustable digital filters
- DSP RF speech processing for excellent ‘punch’
* Specifications apply only within ham bands except as noted. All measurements taken with 13.8 VDC supply.
- Internal CW keyer with 10-300 CPM range
- Latest Firmware Update: Now Supports 4 CW message memories.
- 100 general-purpose memories store VFOs, modes, etc.
- Computer control via USB
- Full remote-control command set (with kenwood emulates)
- One-click online firmware upgrades (with free PC software)
The Rotator Illuminator Kit
The Rotator Illuminator kit by Idiom Press is a three-LED replacement circuit for the incandescent lamp in Hy-Gain control boxes. Buy this kit… Read more
Ultimax Extreme Antenna 1.0 to 54.9 MHz
The ULTIMAX DXTREME end-fed antenna covers from 1.0 to 54.9 MHz continuous and is rated at 2 KW (SSB) , 1.2 KW CW & RTTY. The DXtreme com… Read more
Create CLP-5130-1N VHF/UHF Log-Periodic Antennas – VHF/UHF, 21 Elements, 50-1300 MHz
VHF/UHF Log-Periodic Antenna Antenna, LPDA Type, VHF/UHF, 21 Elements, 50-1300 MHz, 500 W, 50 ohms, 6.66 ft. Boom Length, Type N, Female Create CLP-51… Read more
New! Vertical Loop Yagi ( 6 to 40m ) – Ultra Beam
Vertical Loop Yagi See More : Link Read more
Max Gain Systems 32 ft. push up mast, quick look.
https://mgs4u.com/product/mk-6-series-32ft-masts/ Specifications Maximum Usable Length (Height): 32 feet Length when sleeved: 7 feet and 3 inches Mini… Read more
NANOVNA V2 VIDEO TUTORIALS
NanoVNA V2: RTL-SDR.com FM Bandstop Filter Measurements via NanoVNA QT Read more
Setting up a Buddipole Deluxe Kit in the Field
DESCRIPTION The Buddipole Deluxe Package includes everything you need for setting up an efficient portable antenna solution anywhere in the world in… Read more
Yaesu FT-818 Review
“Hello Operators In todays video we review the Yaesu FT-818, in comparison to the Yaesu FT-817 which came before it. The video goes through the… Read more
New ! Kenwood TPZ-D553
Kenwood TPZ-D553 Product name TPZ-D553TPZ-D553SCH: lithium-ion battery KNB-74L (7.4V / 1100mAh) standard accessory TPZ-D553MCH: lithium-ion battery KN… Read more
DAV – FCA1000: 1250W Linear amplifier – 160 to 6 Meter
The power delivered is constant on all bands, including the new 60Meter Band, selectable in 4 steps by 250W, 500W, 1000W and 1250W. It has 3 antenna o… Read more
All-band HF direct conversion transceiver QRPver DC-3001 Minion Mini
Transceiver direct conversion, short-wave, all-band. QRPver Minion Mini DC-3001 This is a small-size multi-band short-wave QRP transceiver. The transc… Read more
Alpha 9500 Autotune Full Legal Limit Linear Amplifier
The Alpha 9500 is no ordinary linear amplifier. The Alpha 9500 is the culmination of over 40 years of design and engineering. The Alpha 9500 is an adv… Read more
The post Lab599 Discovery TX500 appeared first on QRZ NOW – Ham Radio News.